Monday, May 19, 2008

The End and the Settling Into Motion

So I finished my first year of college with a good GPA and a very immense feeling of success here at Augusta College. I have learned far too much this year academically, but above anything else, I believe I will come out of here with a potent understanding of people. I truly feel like I shouldn't embellish anymore about this last school year besides two facts: I had a peachy experience at Augie, and that I am more than ready to move on.

To begin closing this chapter of what is turning out to be a pretty farcical life, I have decided the best next step is to keep moving. My summer will begin with three days at the Olsen Asylum and then be followed by my last five days in the hospitable Sioux Falls before I head off to my summer job at Dell'Arte International.

With my five days in Sioux Falls I will be attending a theatrical rigging seminar given by Bill Sapsis at The Washington Pavilion. This will be an amazing educational experience, seeing that these seminars usually cost a person about a thousand dollars and I am getting it for free thanks to the Augustana Theatre Department. Additionally it will provide me with a good five days to say adios to some people and professors who have taught me too much to even recollect.

From there I head out to little ol' Blue Lake California to an internship as the assistant technical director for Dell'Arte's summer productions. This is yet another marvelous experience. I am nervous as well as electrified about doing this, and am thrilled to get away and work by myself for the first time in my life. I have been thrust into the professional world of an art that I only grow in appreciation for everyday, I couldn't be more privileged.

I truly intend for this summer to be a catapulting force in my life's direction as I head away from California to yet another new school (University of Iowa) and a new chapter in my life. My life's road increasingly seems more and more erratic and opaque... I am choosing to accept this as a blessing rather than a curse, and am settled on seeing its outcomes as challenges as opposed to problems.

I'll make sure to send a notice when I can conjured the time to write a new post, but for now, I wish you all the best.

Cheers!
Søren

No comments: